A Vales Hollow Review

Recently, I received a five star review for Vales Hollow on Amazon from someone identifying themselves only as 'Cel'. When I get a review from someone, it makes my day - whether it's a good or bad review doesn't matter. The simple fact that someone read the book and cared enough to go online and talk about it is enough to put a smile on my face all day.

Cel says that they've been an avid reader for sixty years, and one of the sentences in the review got me thinking:
 
     "What a joy to have Janey be the leading lady."
 
Now, for those of you who haven't read it, Janey is a sixty-three year old ex-CIA assassin and retired mercenary. Admittedly, she does have the best lines in the book.
 
Reading between the lines, I'm wondering if Cel is happy that a woman is the leading lady, or that a woman over sixty is the leading lady. I really hope it's the latter.
 
So often in novels, the heroes and heroines are cookie cutter. If a book is made into a movie, the same half dozen actors and actresses can play them interchangeably. I love to change things up a bit and give you characters that don't quite fit the mold. In short: Cel, wherever you are, you're welcome :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism

Drive In Theaters - Anybody in Hollywood listening?

Lawman